OCTC – NEWSLETTER – JULY/AUGUST 2022
Mt Maunganui Winter Mixed Inter Club
This competition took place on July 03. Congratulations to: Simone Jenkins and Andrew Easton for their Mixed Doubles win – they came through in the final tie-breaker with a cliff hanging score of 14/12. Andrew Easton (where does he get his energy from?) and Andrew Dallas also cleaned up in the Men’s Doubles. Well done to all Members who participated in this competition and we hope more will join in for this event in 2023!
Junior Coaching (Kids Aged 9 to 12)
Plans are underway for this well-supported activity to re-commence with our Coach, Pete O’Dea on Saturdays from Term 4 as well as Term 1 plus a Coaching Clinic at OPS during the last week of Term 3. We will send out more information once details are finalised via our Website. Please – Member’s/parent’s support is needed to help Pete during his high-activity, energetic Saturday morning sessions – if you are available to assist, contact Tim Dunn: email@example.com.
As an indication of how popular these Pete O’Dea sessions are – his last one was totally booked out within the first hour of it being posted! The start date for Pete’s next round of four sessions will be confirmed shortly. Cost: Members $53.00, Non Members $74.00 – book and pay via our Website. If you miss out on booking, please add your name to our Waitlist – if there are enough people keen to join this activity, Pete will arrange to bring in another Coach and open up a second Court.
OCTC Club Shirts
Therese (our Club Captain) has finalised with Legend Sportswear and our order has gone in for: unisex – S, M, L and XL; Youth – 8, 10, 12 and 14. Samples for sizing purposes will be available during our Club Days and Social Saturdays. Images and pricing details will be posted on our Website – you will be able to order what you would like as well as deposit payment into the OCTC bank account.
Dates For Your Calendars/Diaries
- Fun Mixed Doubles – July 28, 5.30 PM for warm ups, places limited to 16 – contact Jeff Warren: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OCTC AGM – August 03 at the upstairs room of the Sports Pavilion starting at 7.00 PM
- Social Saturdays – next one will be on August 06 from 4.00 PM (also at the upstairs room of the Sport Pavilion); cost: $5.00 per person (your non-playing partners are also welcome to join in); please make a note of the following Social Saturdays: September 03, October 01, November 05 and December 03 (maybe easier to remember as “first Saturday of the month”)
- Love Tennis – September 11, full details will follow once Sharon (Club Secretary) and Therese (Club Captain) have attended the Tennis NZ Love Tennis “Buzz Night”
- Club Days – Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6.00 PM (all welcome); Fridays Ladies Singles from 9.00 AM plus Saturdays from 2.00 PM
This has been installed along with a “courtcam” which will be linked to the OCTC Website. A CCTV sign will be posted. The camera will not only help with our overall security but also the Courts can be viewed, and weather conditions can be monitored. Our thanks to The Centre for their donation towards the cost of getting this work done.
- Finally the parts arrived and the flickering light on Court 1 has been fixed (with thanks to Stu Brooks and Kerry Temple)
- A BIG thank you to Murray Treloar for donating our Tennis Ball Pressurizer (which is definitely keeping our balls in better playing shape for longer) plus our Net Height Measurer
- Club Honours Boards – these will be put up at the Pavilion (one for Officers, one for Club Champs – Singles, Doubles and Mixed)
- Ball Machine – bookings required, please go to our Website to do this and make payment
Please go to the OCTC Website to view more details of what is in the pipeline competition-wise as well as to view other notices from us, as well as to have a look at Cardio Tennis, Juniors’ activities and events, WBOP Tennis, Tennis NZ, etc.
As always your news, comments, thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated, email: email@example.com!